Monday, February 7, 2011

Playing with PSE and Textures.

Wow has it really been over a year since I posted anything. I will have to do better in the future. In the last few months I have become intrigued by Kim Klaussen's textures. You can see some of her work on http://www.kimklassencafe.com. She has a free class called the skinny mini that is well worth taking. I have also subscribed to her Test Kitchen where I have learned so much.
The photo above was one that I took when my middle daughter was just three. It seems like yesterday, but was actually 22 years ago. I wanted to warm it up a bit and sharpen it up. The photo, if I remember right, was taken with a point and shoot. I used Kim's nutmeg texture to give it a warmer look and add a slight frame. I also did some color fills and a gradient fill on it, as well as a high pass filter. I learned how to use all of these in Kim's Skinny mini class.
As you can see I am finally learning how to get all that I can out of my Photo Shop Elements. I will show you more of what I am learning in future posts. Hopefully sooner than next year.
Now I am off to finish the laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment